Saturday, March 10, 2007

Don Williams


Here is my latest column. It is available with photograph at www.knoxviews.com, a community space to discuss news and current events, also at www.opednews.com, where lots of writers converge, soon to be posted at www.moosemeals.com/oped.htm, where you may hear podcasts, and at www.newmillenniumwritings.com. Feel free to contact me at donwilliams7@charter.net. To read a print media version of my column, pick up "Knoxville Voice," available now for free at area businesses in and around East Tennessee. If you're still mad at the News-Sentinel for the loss of my column, their main number is 865-523-3131, or if you'd like to write a letter, go to the end.

Scooter Libby and this not so sacred earth

by Don Williams

If Lincoln was right to suggest that the dead hallow the earth, then America and Iraq grow more sacred by the day. Take Tuesday, March 6, when Dick Cheney’s former chief of staff, I. Scooter Libby, was pronounced guilty of lying and obstructing. Media related another story that day, but in such a way you would’ve thought it happened in a different universe. It was about how suicide bombers murdered at least 100 Shiites and injured more than 250 during a holy pilgrimage in Iraq.


********************************************************************


Link to the rest of the article here.


10 comments:

DEN said...

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Lots of work to do today but I will check in from time to time to make sure no fights break out.

This is my first "legal" DW post since my chastisement earlier on.

Check out Robert Reichs vidblog if you have not already.

Gerald said...

As DW emailed me, he said that we could post his articles. More exposure the better for a great columnist! I emailed him and said that we must choose America over party. He answered me, "Amen!"

This is what we've become

Gerald said...

Praying Each Day: March 10

Gerald said...

As I read "This is what we've become", I could not help but believe we may be the evil terrorists that the world fears.

For me I TRULY BELIEVE THAT WE ARE THE EVIL EMPIRE!!! WE ARE NOT GOOD, HOLY, AND SAINTLY HUMAN BEINGS AS WE PRETEND TO BE!!!

Gerald said...

DEN, I FIRMLY believe that our malaise has been brought upon us by Bush and his Nazi cabal, hateful talk show hosts, the Nazi MSM, Corporate America, and the religious reichwingers who have cast Christ out of the word, Christian.

Gerald said...

America is spelled evil for short!!!

Gerald said...

Will the Evil Empire ever put Christ back into the word, Christian, or will we forever remain bushians?

As we all know bushians cling to their eight pillars of faith - hatred, murders, torture, war crimes, corruption, decadence, greed, and lies.

David B. Benson said...

Shrub --- A little Bush. :-)

DEN said...

Gerald,

As blog owner I cannot publish his articles without his direct written permission, I have not received it from them as of yet.

sigh

DEN said...

Little birdie sez:

Cheney will resign this week.

Drum roll, cymbal!

Health reasons will be cited.

Another drum roll, cymbal!