Thursday, December 20, 2007

No Smoking


Is Washington burning?
December 20, 2007 - 7:13am.

What did Cheney know and when did he burn the evidence?

By DOUG THOMPSON

The mysterious fire in the Old Executive Office Building on the White House grounds sent conspiracy theorists into overdrive Thursday. What, they wondered, went up in smoke in Vice President Dick Cheney's suite of offices in the OEOB?

Hey, we love a good conspiracy theory here at Capitol Hill Blue and we learned long ago that anything is possible from the Bush boys and girls at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue so we're happy to join in the latest guessing game of what did they know and when did they burn it?

Since the fire erupted in Cheney's offices, speculation deepens. Cheney is, after all, the Darth Vader of BushCo, the Black Knight most often accused of being behind all the nefarious actions of what many consider to be the most corrupt Presidential administration in American history.

So what did the fire reduce to ashes just as federal judges, Congress and even Bush's own Attorney General launches probes into the various high crimes and misdemeanors ?

If evidence was destroyed, the most obvious would be any memos relating to that meeting of White House lawyers, Cheney and God-knows-who-else to discuss what to do about those pesky CIA tapes that showed torture of detainees.

Or maybe, as some have speculated, those White House visitor logs that show just which holy rollers came to Chateau Bush to help the Prez commune with God and seek new justifications for killing people in Iraq.

The list continues @ Capitol Hill Blue

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Funny stuff for sure, the fire actually started in a 'man size' safe.

Speaking of destroying stuff: Administration officials refuse to shed light on whether White House lawyers talked to the CIA about whether to destroy interrogation videotapes of two terrorism suspects but bristle at questions into the affair and complain about news coverage. That puts the White House in an awkward position. The very vision of White House officials sitting around a table talking about such an inflammatory course of action evokes echoes of Nixon and Watergate. Also @CHB

Th fun just keeps coming for the insane clown posse in the WH. Once emboldened with arrogance and ego they let go with some real doozies. I knew sooner or later they would shoot themselves in the ass. Now the question remains, how bad do they want to retain power and what will they do to make it so.

Should I build a fallout shelter yet?

Oh and there is this:

After the fire on February 28, 1933, president Hindenburg and Hitler invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution, which permitted the suspension of civil liberties during national emergencies. Some examples of this Decree of the Reich President for the Protection of the People and State abrogated the following constitutional protections: Freedom of the press, free expression of opinion, individual property rights, right of assembly and association, right to privacy of postal and electronic communications, states´ rights of self-government, and protection against unlawful searches and seizures. This Decree enabled the Nazis to suppress the opposition in the elections on March 5. In addition, federal police agencies, the SS (Special Security) and SA (Storm Troops), were created. This enabled the Nazis to suppress all opponents. Consequently, communists were arrested although the communist party was not banned until after the elections, so that the left vote would remain split.

Well I guess the fire was not that big, yet.

.

37 comments:

DEN said...

Ok nobody here yet, it's getting close to Christmas and I figure it must be time to submit a Christmas story real or not so I can paste it on the front page.

Note: some mac text comes through funny but i will try my best to make it look ok with the googles. Picture optional.

5 days till X-mas.

Carey said...

That was THE moment in German history. THE MOMENT.

Hitler had it all planned and ready. He just slipped everything into place when the opportunity presented itself.

Sound familiar?

Carey said...

I will send a Christmas photo to you of me and the boys to post taken Christmas Eve. That's the only way I can "elf" myself. With help from others.

It's almost here! Christmas, that is.

micki said...

Here's a list of what was destroyed in yesterday's fire in the Old Executive Office Building

It's a work in progress. I'm quite certain other documents were destroyed also.

DEN said...

Must have all been on 'micro' film.

Carey said...

Den,

This has happened to me several times. I'm not sure why. I'll keep trying to click on your fresh daily post and it won't show up for hours. Not until like 10 or 11am.

So I had a comment at 7:12 am and you had certainly already posted. Then I had my own problems posting which is normal for me.

That's happened to me several times and I figure you're busy and haven't posted the intro yet.

Carey said...

Okay, wait.

I have to giggle with excitement. It's almost here, Christmas is.

DEN said...

Carey, anytime you click DWF you should get a page, either yesterdays or todays.

Using Internet Explorer? Don't

Firefox has the least amount of issues with posting.

carey said...

Should I build a fallout shelter yet?

Lot of good that'll do ya.

David posted the year 2009 as the year it becomes quite noticeable, the climate crisis effects.

It's already there, know what I mean jellybeans?

micki said...

Den, I think that's a joke about what was destroyed.

But on another bushevikian matter -- The Delusional-in-Chief was off the wall today in his press conference!

Bush: ‘I go around spreading good will.’

Former President Bill Clinton recently stated that in a new Clinton administration, he and former President George H. W. Bush would travel around the world together to help improve the international reputation of the United States. In his press conference today, bush said he already does this in his current job:

It’s what I do during my presidency. I go around spreading good will, talking about the importance of spreading freedom and peace.

Holy moly!

micki said...

Key words: talking about the importance

Yup...all talk...all lies...all the time.

He was very "jumpy jawed" again this morning. He's back on the drugs.

carey said...

You had me switch over to Firefox before and I think I achieved that. But since the computer has crashed several times since then, and now needs Martin, my bro-in-law, to look at it for several reasons, I think it's reverted to Internet Explorer.

That's what the problem is, it's on my end. I just like to bitch and sound like I know what I'm doing.

I don't have a clue, you know that.

David B. Benson said...

Carey --- If you would switch to Linux or buy an Apple Mac, almost all of your computer problems would go away.

Go ahead! Buy yourself one for Christmas, since you don't seem to want to convert to Zen.

:-)

carey said...

I caught some of the press conference and was totally annoyed. Of course. Came here to complain but, as I've said, couldn't get on.

Micki, OH, that asshole. Bush was all happy about something, that's for sure. His posture slumped over the podium, chimpster's idea of looking cool. I can't take it! Damn frat boy.

We all know what's Bush's happy about. He pushed through his war funding and the pundits covered it like the total Democratic collapse it was. He was going on about how the Iraqi government really isn't all that corrupt, progressing with small steps. He sounds like a teenager rattling off what he thinks are his accomplishments to avoid accountability.

What an ultimate jerk.

carey said...

David,

Tres witty. :-))

David B. Benson said...

I opine that George XLIII was happy 'cus of what burned up in that safe fire.

Now he'll get off scot free and won't have to emigrate to Uruguay after all.

He thinks...

micki said...

Apple = Zen

micki said...

Prediction:

Giuliani is laying the groundwork to drop out of the Repug Race.

The heat is on regarding his shady deals and Kerik "friendship."

Good riddance!

carey said...

Oh my goodness how incredibly cute! I've never heard of them, ever. They just showed extremly rare red pandas, yes red, in Canada. They look like red racoons sort of with a semi-smallish white mask around the eyes. More of a bearish face.

micki said...

Dr. B -- I think you're right about the safe's contents.

carey said...

Interesting on Giuliani.

David, your surmising why Bush twinkled is absolutely masterful. Betcha dollars to donuts, oh smart one.

carey said...

Interesting on Giuliani.

David, your surmising why Bush twinkled is absolutely masterful. Betcha dollars to donuts, oh smart one.

carey said...

Finally, someone has taken to the streets about the sordid state of New Orleans housing after Katrina. They out there clashing with the cops.

ò¿óarol said...

He was very "jumpy jawed" again this morning. He's back on the drugs.

Funny you should say that, I asked him on the tube this morning if he was drunk!

DEN said...

Caught the last part of the committee hearings regarding the cia tapes, will be all over the internets by tomorrow, hot stuff!
Raw has a writeup

David B. Benson said...

Re Apple = Zen

Ssssh.

Don't give away the secret...

micki said...

A Haiku
in classic 5-7-5 syllable format

The Apple Mac grows
Tiny buds in sentient minds,
Zen enlightenment


:-)

micki said...

I asked him on the tube this morning if he was drunk!

Did he answer you? Or did he lean over the podium and give you that shit-eating evil grin?

º¿carol said...

*sigh* It was the grin.

David B. Benson said...

Not just a haiku. A fine haiku.

David B. Benson said...

Wimp Demos limp:

Key Setbacks Dim Luster of Democrats' Year

ò,óarol said...

A Google headline says Giuliani treated for flu-like symptoms. Says he's in the hospital? For flu-like symptoms? Brother.

Gerald said...

A Powerful Homily

I oppose men of the cloth running for the presidency but here is a homily from a man whom I would welcome as president.

David B. Benson said...

I'm a small part American Indian, but not Lakota. Too bad, because maybe I would join them:

Descendants of Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse break away from US

Gerald said...

If you wonder why I puke so often, you need to listen to Hitler Bush and his words and there will be little doubt in your minds.

micki said...
Den, I think that's a joke about what was destroyed.(What was destroyed, is any damaging information on Hitler Cheney. - Gerald)

But on another bushevikian matter -- The Delusional-in-Chief was off the wall today in his press conference!

Bush: ‘I go around spreading good will.’(I am starting to upchuck already. This is going to be one long puke. - Gerald)

Former President Bill Clinton recently stated that in a new Clinton administration, he and former President George H. W. Bush would travel around the world together to help improve the international reputation of the United States. In his press conference today, bush said he already does this in his current job:

It’s what I do during my presidency. I go around spreading good will, talking about the importance of spreading freedom and peace. (The torrential vomit won't stop. It just keeps coming out and coming out. Now the dry heaves are starting. - Gerald)

Holy moly!

micki said...

Well, gee, thanks Dr. B.

I'm part Native American, too, and would gladly join the Lakotas.

(My tribe is Swampy Cree from Canada -- that's from the "French-Canadian" branch of the family.)

micki said...

Gerald, be sure you don't get dehydrated!

Drink plenty of fluids after that upchucking.